Apple Pi Day
To celebrate National Pi Day, which was on 14th March 2020, the children made their own Apple Pies from scratch (obviously using shop bought pastry!)
The mini Apple Pies turned out golden and delicious so keep reading to find out how they managed to make such enticing pies!
To make 4 mini Apple Pies:
- Rolled out Pie Crust
- 4 Apples finely chopped
- 20g granulated Sugar
- 1 tablespoon All Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon ground Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/8 teaspoon ground Nutmeg
- Roll out the pie crust on a lightly floured surface. Using a cookie cutter, cut out circles from the pie crusts. You should have around 4 circles, but make sure to leave some crust for the top of your pies.
- Place each circle in the muffin man and gently press the dough down.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together the chopped apples, sugar, flour, cinnamon, vanilla extract and nutmeg until everything is fully combined.
- Evenly distribute the apple pie filling into the pie crusts.
- Use the extra pie dough and make a design to place on top of the pie.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until the pie crust is lightly golden brown.
- International Pi meets Apple Pie :
- 14/03/2020 :